First Dev Meetup!
My First Developer Meetup!
First off, let me just say that I’m proud of myself for posting on time. It is pretty late Monday night, but I’m technically still on time, so that’s a victory in my book 🎉🎊
console that will make debugging a lot easier than just traditional
console.log(). Check out my
Meetup Notes section down at the bottom of this post to see what I learned tonight! The best part of the event, however, was just being in the same room as a bunch of professional engineers. My main interaction with the wider engineering community has been online up until tonight, and it was really great to finally meet some folks that are just as passionate as I am about software engineering and the Web. It was weird hearing people talk about concepts and topics that I’d only ever seen on a computer screen, but it’s something that I can definitely get used to! I really look forward to the next Meetup I’ll be able to attend. I’ll actually be at the Full Stack Dev Networking Meeting next Wednesday the 27th, so make sure to say hi if you’re going to be there!
It’s getting late, so I should wrap this one up. See below for my notes from the Meetup! Catch y’all next week.
- JS is single threaded
- The call stack gets all the function calls in order; once call resolves, it’s popped from stack
- The heap: memory allocation to vars and objects
- The queue:
- The stack trace: list of all functions called, in order, with line #’s and args
- Stack trace starts with an anon func b/c execution starts from global scope, usually
consolehas 5 different methods for outputting to the console:
- But there’s one more!
- displays objs as a table
- click on headers to sort
- works recusively on objects
- takes keys as either a string or a list of strings to filter views
- Ok but one more!
- prints out the stack trace
- shows file where it was called
- call it in the console
- pass in a function, when executed dev tools stops execution and finds function in source
- Set to a function that logs and sends back stack trace to your servers
Code and slides!